Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Adios!






It is our last day today and only Lena and I are awake. It is hard to imagine we will be waking up in our own beds tomorrow morning.

We made it back safe and almost sane from Little Corn. The panga back was almost smooth although my stomach was in knots the night before as well as the entire boat trip. I kept thinking that the ride was almost enjoyable, but I didn't want to jinx anything. We forgot the stroller at the dock, so Jason had to taxi back to get it. I suppose we could have just left it because it is barely held together now. It started really falling apart the last time we were in Granada and then Jason and Colin (from Casa Iguana) put it back together with a big nail. That little umbrella stroller has been fantastic. When Reed wasn't in it, we shuttle backpacks, groceries or Lena and Jade!

Our last few days have been in Granada. As soon as we got here Lena said "We're home!" We took a chicken bus (an old school bus that now serves as public transportation) to the market in Masaya for some last minute shopping. We went to the big market with everything from fresh cheese to car parts. Reed got picked up by one of the locals every time we stopped to look at something. We're not sure he cares who holds him now. He just hangs on to whoever has him and gives them a blank look while out come all the cell phones so people can take his photo. That boy will have the best immune system in Canada!

I guess I should go and get the rest of the crew up so we can have 1 last breakfast in Granada and maybe squeeze in a swim before our cab gets here at 9:30. I don't want to hex our flight home so this won't be the last post. I will do that when we are actually at home (between laundry loads, yuck!!)