Friday, February 8, 2008

At the Barber in Granada




Jason has been looking for a good barber since we started on this voyage. He used to get a great shave and hair cut in Japan and has been eagerly awaiting our arrival in Granada as the guidebook recommended 007 Barber. We asked how much it would be and were told 40 Cordoba (about $2.00) so Jason had a seat and the barber got to work. The kids and I watched and of course someone wanted to hold Reed. It is great for me because it gives me a break and he is definitely not going to be shy!

After Jason was done he asked how much for the boy to get a cut and that is why Reed got his first haircut in Granada. I was a little nervous as the barber started chopping my babies beautiful hair with-out a second thought. I did get myself together and took a bunch of pictures and kept a little lock of baby blonde hair. He does look much better and Jason is hoping people will stop asking whether or not he is a girl. As soon as we walked out of the barber a group of ladies all cooed and gushed over how handsome Reed looked. ... and not one of them asked whether or not he was a girl.