Friday, December 28, 2007

Where's the Gravol!?

OK, we were finally leaving Lake Atitlan. It was fun, but we were getting antsy so we booked a shuttle to a town called Retalhuleu (I have no idea how to pronounce it so I keep pointing to it on the map in my guidebook). The ride was only supposed to be 3 hours or so, no problem. Yeah, wrong again, big problem. While Jason had gotten over his bout of the flu, the rest of us were just getting it. I had downed a couple of Aspirinas before we left, but the girls seemed fine, so they had nothing.
Let me first just say that the roads in Guatemala are in quite good shape. The ones we are usually on are newly paved. The only little glitch is that they meander all over the place over and around the mountains, lakes or whatever is around. The girls were whining, but that seems to be common with these long rides. I had just told them both to be quiet when all of a sudden I heard Lena make a noise that I knew wasn't good. I told her to stick her head out the window, and the rest was not pretty. She did feel better afterwards. Reed apparently didn't because he puked about 4 times before we finally got to our destination.
So no pics of this post, but let me just say YUKKO!!